Saturday, November 10, 2012

TRY OUTS!

Woke up this morning feeling pretty nervous! Finally time for try outs! The girls started off by showing us some excercises; falling, skating in a pack and jamming which was a lot of fun to watch. Then we got to skate! I must say it felt good that I had practised a bit before and I felt quite safe and steady on my skates. Me and a friend skated around for about half an hour, tried to do some cross-overs and practised falling which was a lot of fun. Everyone was sooo friendly and sweet and I'm going to my first real practice on Tuesday. Very exciting!

I tried on some different pads today as well; Protec and Destroyer. At first I liked the Protec ones; quite snug, not too bulky and they felt nice to land on. But after trying the Destroyers I wasn't so sure anymore - they are a lot bigger but also felt a lot softer to land on. I want to try Triple8's as well before I make up my mind. And in case I go for Destroyer's I want them in black, which means ordering from the US, cause I can't find black ones in any UK shop. Bah. Oh, but  did manage to sell the 187 pro knee caps that were too small for me so yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment