Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First practice!

Last night I had my first practice! I started off by googling and reading horror stories about terrible first times, then my gym bag broke and I got lost on my way there and arrived completely stressed out. We were as many old as new sluts there (my team is called Sluts United) which felt awesome!

After warming up we practiced cross-overs, walking on our toe-stops/skates, falling in various ways, weaving, skating in and through a pack, the shopping cart (at first divided into 3's and later on with7 players. I almost died!!!) skating at different speeds, did Simon says, We got to try blocking the oldies, and then they got to block us rookies - this was at the end of practice and oh man did I flail all over the track and crash onto the floor? Oh yes. It felt like we did everything except stopping (hehe hopefully we can do this next time 'cause I need to learn this fast!).

All in all I think it went well. I got my new toestops just that day which I am really pleased about. The first few steps on them felt unsteady but I feel like I made a lot of progress right away and lost some of the fear of falling as well. Also, when it was my turn to push 'the shopping cart' I had to run on them, otherwise it was just impossible.

And yes - I'm, very sore today, thanks for asking!


No comments:

Post a Comment