Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday is practice day!

The focus today was skating skills, which meant a lot of cross-overs and slalom. I think I managed to do a few decent cross-overs, but not sure. We practised stopping as well today, what a challenge! I can do an allright plough-stop and stop by dragging my toe stop behind, but we also got to try the t-stop and the turn around toe stop which was just impossible. So frustrating! I think I'm too chicken to get enough speed and turn fast enough for the turn around, but the t-stop? How the hell do people do it? I kept going sideways as soon as I put my skate behind me.

We also played dodgeball, a game I (not so fondly) remember from gym class. I've never really liked it but it was quite fun today and a good way to get used to being on skates 'cause it got my focus off the skating and onto the ball and the teams.

At the end of practice we practiced blocking again and as a finish we got try working our way through a pack which was SO MUCH FUN! That gave a real taste of what playing a bout will be like and I loved it. Good way to keep us all motivated I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment