Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bambi on ice

Today it snowed. This sucks. Despite the freezing temperature outside I decided I just couldn't wait to try on my skates a bit more. So I biked down to a parking garage and warmed up for about 15 minutes... Felt horribly silly doing jumping jacks in the deserted garage, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I felt pretty shaky when I put the skates on, but it actually went really well! I skated around (well... skated is a bit of an exaggeration... stumbled is probably a better description hehe) for about 30 minutes and I didn't fall a single time, even though I was pretty damn close more than once! The asphalt wasn't very smooth though and these wheels definitely aren't made for outside skating because ouch, I felt every stone. And I think I put my jacket in someone's pee. But apart from that;  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment